The India STEM Foundation proudly announces that the 2023 National Championship Finals of the World Robot Olympiad (WRO) India were successfully unfolded on the 28th and 29th of September, this event stands as a beacon in the realm of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education and robotics. It assembles a vibrant community of young innovators, robotics enthusiasts, and problem solvers from across India at the Expo Centre and Mart, Greater Noida.
Connecting the World Through STEM
WRO India Season 2023 presents a remarkable theme, “Connecting the World,” reflecting real-world challenges. The event boasts over 4,000 students who undertook the Level-1 NET (National Entrance Test), with the finest progressing through WRO India Virtual Regionals and in-person Regionals to the National Championship. The young minds bring forth sustainable and innovative robotic solutions to enhance connectivity, be it over waterways or through digital technology solutions. The competition features three distinct game types: RoboMission, Future Innovators, and Future Engineers.
Dr. Sarvjeet Herald, Director of India STEM Foundation, underscores the essence of WRO India Season 2023, stating, “Our aim with WRO India Season 2023 is to inspire and empower the next generation of STEM leaders and problem solvers. We are thrilled to witness the enthusiasm and innovation displayed by our young participants. This event showcases the limitless possibilities of STEM and underscores its vital role in shaping a brighter future for India.”
Key Highlights of WRO India Season 2023
- Largest STEM Competition: The World Robot Olympiad is renowned as the world’s largest STEM and robotics competition for students aged 8-19.
- International Stage: Over 95 countries send their national qualifying teams to the WRO International Championship. This year, Panama hosts the international stage from November 7th to 9th.
- Theme – “Connecting the World”: With over 4,000 students registered for WRO India NET and 202 teams gearing up for the National Championship 2023, the focus remains on sustainable and innovative robotic solutions to enhance connectivity.
- Future Engineers: Witness the creation of self-driven cars from scratch by students participating under the Future Engineers category.
- Technological Emphasis: A strong focus on shipping logistics and digital technology infrastructure permeates the competition. While teams in the Future Innovators and Future Engineers categories have the freedom to choose their equipment and technology, teams in the RoboMission category must exclusively use LEGO Education kits.
- Unprecedented Participation: Compared to last year, WRO India Season 2023 sees a surge of ten times more students’ participation. This year, 202 teams (2-3 students each) competed for the National Championship.
A Rising Tide of STEM Enthusiasm
This season marks a significant increase, with over 4,000 participating school students compared to previous years. WRO India Season 2023’s competition challenges focus on encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving. It encompasses robotics, automation, coding, sustainability, and future technology. Students gain invaluable educational experiences, fostering imagination, creativity, and collaboration. They receive hands-on exposure to cutting-edge technologies, igniting a lifelong passion for STEM learning.
The judging panel, composed of experts from renowned colleges, universities, and industries, evaluates teams based on established criteria and the social impact of their projects in addressing real-world challenges within the theme of the year, “Connecting the World.”
About India STEM Foundation
Founded by Mr. Sudhanshu Sharma, India STEM Foundation is at the forefront of a transformative educational movement in India. Beyond promoting science and hands-on learning, the foundation’s mission is to empower youth, drive innovation, and foster critical thinking. It’s driven by the belief that empowering students with the skills, knowledge, and mindset to thrive in the 21st century is essential. In a world where technology advances at an unprecedented pace, traditional education alone is no longer sufficient to prepare students for the challenges and opportunities of the future.
The World Robot Olympiad Association (WRO) is a Singapore-based non-profit organization serving a global community of more than 22,000 teams across 90+ countries. Over 19 years, WRO has developed a robust learning platform that engages students in fun and challenging robotics and STEM activities. The first international WRO competition in 2004 involved 12 countries and 4,000 teams, marking the beginning of an incredible journey.
WRO India Season 2023 is not just a competition; it’s a celebration of innovation, technology, and the boundless potential of India’s STEM enthusiasts. It connects students, educators, and the broader community to the endless possibilities of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. As the event unfolds, it’s a reminder that India’s future in STEM is brighter than ever.